Potcheen (Pronounced Po-CHEEN) is "The original Moonshine Whiskey" . On rare occasions, it may contain dangerous
levels of toxic alcohols just like the Colorado Celtic Pirates that have toured the country rocking crowds from New York to Alaska.
The band has relocated to the Big Apple. The Capn and his new pirate brethren are busy in the rehearsal cave getting ready for St.Patricks Day. .............Stay Tuned for news of upcoming Mayhem
***# 1 in the Celtic Charts for Denver, CO. (5 years running) ~ Reverbnation ***
POTCHEEN has performed over 3000 shows all across the USA.
They deliver their rapid fire high energy shows mixing Celtic Rock
infused with Bluegrass, SKA,Cajun-Zydeco, Punk, Folk & Americana rolled up
with a Pirate Sensibility.
*** #1 Celtic Charts in Colorado. REVERBNATION. 5 years running 2012-2017
* Awarded the 2015 ICON Award. Westword Magazine.
* Nominated 2007-2014 BEST WORLD BAND IN COLORADO. by Westword Magazine:
* Denver Post underground music poll "Top 100 Bands in Colorado" 2005 - 2013
- "Best Celtic-Punk-Pirate Band" ~ The Celtic Connection, 2007
- "The Best Band at the 2009 Colorado Irish Festival" ~ Denver Celtic Music Examiner
- Nominated: 2005 & 2006 Westword Music Showcase "Best Avante Garde-Eclectic Band in Colorado"
- 2006 South Park Music Fest "Immersive Studios VIP Award"
- Named "Best Encore" at the South Park Music Festival ~ Colorado Music Buzz
- 2005 Runner Up: Coors New Sound Throwdown
- Awarded: "Best Way to Drink and Drive while Invoking the spirit of the Irish" ~ Best of Westword, 2006
"Potcheen is the ultimate party band. Potcheen is the Irish word for moonshine, the raw whiskey that comes from an illicit still, and
this music is as raw and real as it gets. The band plays pub standards, favored by every Irish band to hoist a pint, but they play them
with energy, enthusiasm, and expertise. Every one of these people is an accomplished musician. Together they hold crowds in the
palm of their collective hand with some of the finest Celtic rock you're ever likely to encounter."
— Michael Thompson, Denver Celtic Music Examiner
Join the Crew! (email list)