Potcheen (Poitin') means "the Illegal Moonshine Whiskey" . On rare occasions, it may contain dangerous levels
of toxic alcohols just like the Colorado Celtic Pirates that have toured the country rocking crowds from New York to Alaska .
2003 they have released 5 albums with their 6th "TAKE NO PRISONERS"
in production now.
POTCHEEN has performed over 2000 shows under their belts all across the United States, They deliver their rapid high energy shows mixing Celtic Rock infused with Bluegrass, Zydeco, Punk, Folk & Americana rolled up with a Pirate Sensibility.
* Nominated 2013 BEST WORLD BAND IN COLORADO. by Westword Magazine:
#35 Best world Band: polls.westword.com/polls/den/musicshowcase2013/
"Potcheen is the ultimate party band. Potcheen is the Irish word for moonshine, the raw whiskey that comes from an illicit still, and
- Listed in the Denver Post underground music poll "Top 100 Bands in Colorado" 2005 - 2012
- "Best Celtic-Punk-Pirate Band" ~ The Celtic Connection, 2007
- "The Best Band at the 2009 Colorado Irish Festival" ~ Denver Celtic Music Examiner
- Nominated: 2005 & 2006 Westword Music Showcase "Best Avante Garde-Eclectic Band in Colorado"
- Nominated: 2007-2012 Westword Music Showcase "Best World music Band in Colorado"
- 2006 South Park Music Fest "Immersive Studios VIP Award"
- Named "Best Encore" at the South Park Music Festival ~ Colorado Music Buzz
- 2005 Runner Up: Coors New Sound Throwdown
- Awarded: "Best Way to Drink and Drive while Invoking the spirit of the Irish" ~ Best of Westword, 2006
this music is as raw and real as it gets. The band plays pub standards, favored by every Irish band to hoist a pint, but they play them
with energy, enthusiasm, and expertise. Every one of these people is an accomplished musician. Together they hold crowds in the
palm of their collective hand with some of the finest Celtic rock you're ever likely to encounter."
— Michael Thompson, Denver Celtic Music Examiner